Pyramid Mountain Lumber, Inc., a family-owned sawmill operating continuously since 1949 in Seeley Lake, Montana, intends to fill a Resource Forester position in Spring/Summer 2022. This is a salaried position focused on procuring logs and timber for the mill that requires much of its time spent working independently.
Responsibilities will cover a wide range of Forestry and Natural Resource activities such as:
• Negotiating log prices and contracts
• Writing and implementing forest management plans/prescriptions
• Appraising, prepping, and administering timber sales
• Prescribed burning
• Working with local collaborative groups and committees
• Mapping (ownership identification, logging units, roads, etc..)
• Traveling long distances in a company vehicle, often on forest roads
• Developing a working relationship with contractors, agencies, and private landowners.
The ideal candidate will be: self-driven, have strong negotiation and communication skills, computer literate, willing to learn and adapt to new situations, clean driving record, and have a vested interest in forest and natural resource management.
Education and experience in forestry or a related field preferred but not required.
Please email questions and/or resumés to Gsanders@pyramidlumber.com